Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ready...Set...Go.....

Today is a day if infinite possibilities! Well, actually, every day is - but today feels special. I am about to begin a new chapter in my baking - MUFFINS! Everyone says that muffins are the ugly stepsister of cupcakes, but I beg to differ. Yes, cupcakes are colorful, showy and glittery, but muffins have a quiet beauty all their own. It's kind of like the difference between your silky, lacy lingerie and your old faithful flannel pj's. You've gotta have them both and either one can be your favorite depending on how you feel. I think muffins are the comfortable friend that you sit down and share your paper and morning coffee with. With muffins, you know you can just sit, relax, take your time and enjoy the moment. Whereas, with cupcakes, the second you see those dazzling domed beauties, you know that there's a party right around the corner and, let's face it, sometimes we just aren't in that mood. The point is, we've gotta have both.

And, so here I am, ready to embark on another month of testing. I have to admit, I love testing new recipes. Don't get me wrong, there will be lots of overflowing, half -baked, dry and overall inedible muffins flying around the kitchen in the weeks to come and more than one temper tantrum to be sure, but I love the creation part of baking. As my family will tell you, when I am baking, I don't see or hear anything else around me. The smells, the heat from the oven, the bowls of flour, sugar and butter literally transport me to another place. A place where I am at peace and all of the troubles of the world melt away. It's definitely my happy place! So, although it is bound to be a crazy couple of weeks, if you see me I will be smiling because this is what I do, this is what I love!

First up - White Chocolate Raspberry! Wish me luck cuz' here we go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment